Here at Panacea in Hereford we want to make sure our customers walk away with the very best photocopier or printer solution for their business. Whether you’re looking to buy a printer outright or lease a photocopier we have put together a guide giving you some advice along with pros and cons to keep you on the right track.
Buying a Photocopier
First and foremost, purchasing a photocopier and entering into a flexible maintenance programme or full print management service has some very positive benefits to your business accounts:
- Each year you can write off the depreciation of your newly purchased photocopier
- The value of your photocopier will be added to the assets of your busines
- There is less paperwork with no monthly payments
However, there are some negative impacts on your business and accounts:
- Buying a photocopier can use up much needed cashflow
- Once you’ve bought the machine it may soon become old technology
- A better option may be investing your money in other parts of your business
In our opinion, buying a photocopier is a good option for a cash rich business.
Leasing a Photocopier
80% of our customers lease their photocopiers, along with our maintenance agreements and print management service. Panacea know this a very popular solution and businesses in Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and the South West, we feel, have taken the right choice. Here’s why:
- A massive reduction in your upfront cost
- Make your balance sheet more tax efficient by offsetting your lease costs against your taxable profit, which is better than owning an asset
- You will always be able to use the latest cutting-edge print technology which is better than ploughing money into a dated copier. You can upgrade or add features to your system at any time
- Determine the amount you’d like to pay each month by setting the length of your lease rental agreement
- Leasing a photocopier gives you flexibility as you can always replace your photocopier with a smaller or larger machine if your needs change
Why 20% of our customers buy their Large Multifunctional Printer or Photocopier:
- They get to own the machine outright
- It can sometimes be a problem getting a lease agreement if your business has a poor credit rating – we have found that most of our customers have been successful with their applications through our preferred finance partners
In our experience lease is the most popular choice
A massive 80% of our customers lease their photocopiers, this gives off a huge message that leasing a copier is far more tax efficient and flexible and we think, in most instances, is the better choice.
We can find you the right printer solution for your business, contact us for more details.